Plastics manufacturers face a unique set of challenges because they interact with so many different industries. In a segment that evolves so rapidly, manufacturers are constantly changing and working to keep ahead of the competition. One way manufacturers can gain competitive advantage is by implementing ERP software for plastics manufacturing.
The right ERP solution will:
- Streamline processes
- Capture data in context
- Manage quality initiatives
- Maintain industry compliance (ISO, SQF, HACCP)
- Facilitate new product development, job costing and quoting
Businesses can find themselves struggling to manage multiple software tools they’ve purchased over time. On top of that, email, spreadsheets and paper hold valuable data about customers and day-to-day operations. Focus shifts to managing and searching scattered information rather than achieving business goals.
Implementing a scalable software solution with a flexible framework is one remedy to this problem. When all information is captured in one user-friendly application, less data entry and administrative work is required and more focus can be put towards product development and customer service.
Two key factors to consider when evaluating the viability of an information system are:
- An integrated software application – a single tool to manage your business and bring information together in one place
- A software partner with experience implementing the software application in your industry
One such example is Macola ERP Software. Macola Software brings your data together into one place accessible from desktop, web browser or mobile app. For process manufacturing, discrete manufacturing or mixed-mode manufacturing, Macola ERP offers flexibility and scalability to meet specific business processes and includes Multi-level Bill of Material, Multiple Units of Measure, robust inventory and Warehouse Management capabilities.
With Macola 10 and with the workspace environment, it’s all right there in front of the users’ face. Drill down, drill up, no more multiple sessions open, it’s just a very easy space to work in.
– Adrian Alday, VP Finance, InterFlex Group
By effectively leveraging software information system, a manufacturer can
- Easily segment their customer base by industry and capture relevant requirements and KPI’s for each market
- Capture appropriate product requirements/specifications from quote through to fulfillment
- Adhere to quality & compliance requirements by industry
- Implement fast and effective traceability initiatives
- Monitor appropriate KPI’s by product line and other key factors
Our experience working with Plastics Manufacturers
Harvest Ventures is Canada’s leading provider of Macola ERP Business Software and we specialize in providing solutions that unify and integrate business operations.
We are a Calgary-based software company founded in 1999 with support staff located in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and the United States.
Harvest Ventures has experience implementing Macola ERP software for plastics manufacturers in packaging processing, stamping, die-casting, thermoforming compounding, injection molding and extrusion. As a result, our clients have benefitted from shortened production cycle times and achieved optimal customer service levels with on-time delivery and order accuracy. In addition, they’ve reduced inventory costs and effectively managed quality and compliance standards.